Diabetes Recipes, when we think of it, we believe it’s boring, right? Most of the people who have diabetes have the mindset that they have to ban all kinds of tasty food. They have to eat a minimum, no delicious food, and so on. It is not the truth always. They can eat tasty yet healthy foods that will not increase their sugar level.
Diabetes Recipes can be delicious yet healthy. My mom has diabetes. After figuring out this disease, she almost changed herself. She started dieting, banned most of the foods, and ended up with severe weakness. Finally, She came to know having diabetes doesn’t mean starving. Doctors also advised to eat appropriately but keeping control of it is necessary. After that incident, my mom started making foods that are diabetes-friendly yet tasty. Here I am going to share 2 of those recipes with you.
Chicken Gumbo Soup
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen okra, defrosted and sliced
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- half boneless chicken breast – cubed
- 1 and 1/2 cups of raw rotini pasta
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, properly chopped
- At first, boil water. Add garlic powder and hot pepper sauce to it. Add the carrots and mushrooms to the water. Give it a cook for five minutes.
- Add okra, wild rice, and chicken cubes cook on low heat for three hours.
- After that add the spiral pasta, and again cook for ten minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish it with green onions. Chicken Gumbo Soup is ready to serve.