Weight Loss Yoga – Learn the Skills and Perform to Get in Shape
Weight loss yoga can be your best option when you need to lose some weight. Yoga alone can be your best exercise if you are limited from moving your body as yoga can enhance your flexibility, balance and strength of your muscles.
Weight loss yoga is easy to do, but it also gives you a full package on how to achieve your body goals. In most countries, yoga believes to be the key to fight aging and gives you more than single health benefits.
There is various yoga that you can perform that will surely give you the best results. Each yoga has different poses. But each can give you the weight loss yoga you needed the most.
The best part of weight loss yoga is burning the calories and excess fats in our body through exercises that you will enjoy. You can do this alone or with your peers as long as you are following the simple steps.
However, if you are thinking of the fastest way to burn your calories faster than before, you will need to learn about the Bikram. This type of yoga consists of difficult positions that make your heart rates higher. At this point, your body is burning more calories and fats. So how does Bikram work? Aside from performing awkward positions, it is being done in a heated room.
Another set of yoga that will make you burn more calories is Hatha. Unlike Bikram, Hatha is being done in a regular yoga room and only requires simple movements.
Still, if you are looking for more yoga routines, you can perform other yoga exercises. Weight loss yoga comes in many forms, and you only have to do is learn, adapt and perform.
Yoga Routine 1: Chair Pose
How to do it:
- Your starting position is your feet slightly apart.
- Make a deep inhale while raising your arms straight over your head. Your palms should be facing each other, and your triceps should be next to your ears.
- Then exhale slowly and bend your knees.
- Start pushing your butt backward, making your lower like sitting in a chair.
- Make sure your torso is leaning naturally to keep your shoulders down and back.
- Continue doing this five times to give your thighs, butt, abs, hips and arms muscles a workout they deserved.
An upgrade for chair pose:
If you are not satisfied with the basic chair pose, you can add a twist…literally.
- Your starting position is to hold a chair while keeping your arms straight over your head, lowering up to your chest levels. Make sure your palms are in the place of like praying.
- Then twist your upper body to the right. It will make your left elbow comes to rest gently on your right thigh.
- Make pressure on your abs and continue to inhale and exhale.
- Do this five times to give an additional workout to your shoulders, upper back, obliques and shoulders.
Yoga Routine 2: Downward-Facing
How to do it:
- To begin with, put your hands and knees on the floor, keeping a hip-width apart, and your hands should align under your shoulders.
- Then spread your fingers wide while pressing your weight to your mat.
- Make an exhale as you make your toes tucked, and your knees lifted off the floor. You will feel that your pelvis will move upward, and your butt is like pushing the wall behind you.
- Then, make your legs straight and push your chest backward while your neck is relaxing.
- Make sure your heels are on the floor while doing this yoga.
- Continue this routine as your weight loss yoga for five times. It will make muscles in your legs, arms, shoulders, upper back and abs worked out.
An upgrade for downward-facing:
- While in the position, lift your left leg back as high as possible. Make sure you keep your hips square.
- Then, exhale and bring your left knee front, near to your nose and drawing your belly towards your spine.
- Afterwards, when you inhale, lift your leg back up in down dog split.
- Repeat five times and switch left and right sides. It is an additional workout for your butt.
Yoga Routine 3: Warrior
- Your first thing to do is repeat your position in a downward-facing yoga routine.
- Then step your right foot forward between your hands, making your body in a low runner’s lunge.
- Afterwards, turn your left heel slightly outward, making your left hip forward and right hip backward.
- Next, put some pressure on your abs while putting yourself into a high lunge.
- Your arms should be lifted as well, palms facing or touching each other.
- Take a deep inhale and exhale. Repeat five breaths, switch legs and repeat.
This routine will make your legs, hips, butt, arms, shoulders, chest, abs and back muscles working.
An upgrade for warrior yoga routine:
- While keeping your position in the warrior yoga routine, you will need to keep your abs tight, but your chest should be lower toward your right knee using a chair in front of you.
- Then lift your leg to bring your body parallel with the ground.
- Extend your arms out in front and your shoulders away from the ears.
Make sure your palms are facing or touching each other.
- Next, look down, and your heel should be backward as if you are pushing against the wall.
- Continue for five times.
Yoga Routine 4: Superman
- Take it from our term – superman. This yoga routine will start with your face looking down to your legs while the forehead is resting on the mat.
- Your arms out in front of you while your palms facing down.
- Make pressure to your abs and butt, lifting your arms and legs directly upwards.
- Hold your upper and lower body off the ground.
- Continue your routine for five times.
This workout will give more strength to your back, chest, shoulders, arms, butt, hamstrings, and abs muscles.
An upgrade for a superman yoga routine:
- While in your primary position in superman yoga routine, make your arms on the floor by your sides.
- Then bend your knees as you exhale and bring your heels as close to your butt.
- Reach to your back and hold your ankles. Make sure your knees are hip-width apart.
- Then lift your chests and thighs off the floor as you inhale.
- You also need to push your heels away from the butt.
- Press your shoulder blades down and back, but you have to keep your lower back relaxed.
- Continue this routine for 5 times.
Our Insights for Yoga as Weight Loss
Weight loss yoga can be performed at your home, so you don’t need to get a schedule from the fitness centers. It is one of the most practical and straightforward steps to achieve your body goals.