Dumbbell Workout Plan for Shoulders: 5 Best Perfect Exercises at Home
The dumbbell workout plan for shoulders is a perfect exercise for individuals building lean muscles. Since gyms are not entirely operated at this time, this workout can be done at home conveniently. In just a week, you can see the difference between your shoulders before and after doing the dumbbell workout plan.
The dumbbell workout plan for shoulders can be performed for up to 12 weeks for perfect results. Then you can increase the weight of the dumbbells if you want to add muscle mass to your shoulders. There are no limits to this workout. However, you should know your limit and capacity to use dumbbells for the exercise.
Also, you should know the schedule of your workout and consistency. Recovery and rest days are also crucial for your workout. Remember that for you to be able to build muscles, you need to watch over your diet as well.
There are many workout routines to perform using dumbbells. The weights of the dumbbells should be adjusted according to your capacity and build.
Effective Dumbbell Workout Plans
The Dumbbell Bench Press
This workout is almost the same as the barbell bench press, as both are performed to build the chest muscles. Pec muscles are enjoined with shoulder muscles. Therefore, it would help to achieve the dumbbell bench press for your dumbbell workout plan.
This workout is also performed to reduce the risks of shoulder and chest muscles. The shoulder stability is essential for the dumbbell workout plan, so here is how you will do the dumbbell bench press.
How to Perform:
- Your starting position is holding the dumbbells using a neutral grip. Place the dumbbells’ end in your hip crease. Then sit down on the bench.
- Afterward, lay your back on the bench and keep the dumbbells close to your chest. Take a deep breath and press the weights to lockout at the top carefully and slowly.
- Then lower the dumbbells as comfortable as possible with the handles about the level of your chest.
- Using the muscles of your chest, you can push the dumbbells upward until you reach your starting position. You can repeat it according to your strength.
If you are a beginner, meaning first-timer to perform, keep your dumbbells to your side without dropping them. You can only do this if you are well-experienced or conditioned to use excessive heavy weighted dumbbells.
Twisting the dumbbells back to neutral is advisable. It would bring your knees to the ends of the dumbbells and touching your thighs. Then the weights of the dumbbells can be used to rock back to an upright, seated position.
The Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Another routine for the dumbbell workout plan, the incline dumbbell bench press, is one of the perfect workouts to build shoulders and triceps. But this workout will have the direct involvement of the chest.
Why incline? With various dumbbell workout plans, the incline position will allow a better target for the upper portion of the chest. It also promotes balance and equal strength for both sides of the chest. Well-performed incline dumbbell bench press will increase the power of the shoulders as well. So, here is the perfect way to perform it.
How to Perform:
- The starting position is holding your dumbbells using a neutral grip. While holding the dumbbells, put the ends in your hip crease and sit down on the edge of the incline bench.
- Slowly, lay back and keep the weights close to your chest. Take a deep breath and press the dumbbells to lockout at the top.
- Lower the dumbbells slowly and put it under control as far as possible. The handles should level with your chest.
- Contract your chest muscles and push the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat this position until you reach your dumbbell workout plan goals.
The Standing Dumbbell Press
It is one of the dumbbell workout plans for building solid mass muscles that are essentials for movement. Muscle mass is vital to have the correct form when lifting heavyweights.
The sudden increase in the weight of dumbbells can result in injuries that can prevent your shoulder from moving. So to avoid this from happening, you may need the most extended range of motion as possible to have proper control of the dumbbells.
Why this dumbbell workout plan? This workout is best for individuals with lower back issues.
How to perform:
- Your starting position for this workout is grabbing a pair of dumbbells and stand straight up with your feet around. The width should be the same as your shoulder.
- Then raise the dumbbells to shoulder height on each side and twist so that your palms are facing forward. Also, heads and eyes forward.
- The dumbbells should rise slowly above the head with arms extended fully.
- Right after you extend above, begin to lower the dumbbells immediately. Never pause a moment when doing this dumbbell workout.
- Repeat this workout with the desired amount of repetitions.
The Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Another workout for the dumbbell workout plan is the lateral raise. This workout helps tone down muscles in proper formation. A good exercise is a key above everything, mainly when you target upper body muscles. At the end of the dumbbell workout plan is the “V” shape.
- Grab a set of dumbbells and stand straight up with the dumbbells at your sides – this is your starting position. Make sure the palms are facing the body.
- The dumbbells should be slightly off the body to keep the tension on the side delts.
- Raise the dumbbells until you touch your shoulder. Make sure that if you execute this move, your wrist should not go above the elbows.
- When you reach the top, pause for a while and lower the weight back slowly until you reach the starting position. While doing this workout, do not let the dumbbells touch your body.
The Bent-Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Workout
The bent-over dumbbell tricep kickback workout is one of the dumbbell workout plans. This is a classic exercise that is used for ages. However, this dumbbell workout plan is done with focus and slowly. A proper contraction on the triceps will establish a mind-muscle connection.
- Choose your desired weight from the rack and stand in an open area. Hinge forwards, and the dumbbells should be rowed into position. Extend the elbows while flexing the triceps. It is the starting position.
- While forwarding the hips, there should be excessive curvature within the lumbar spine. Make sure to avoid overextension through the lumbar spine—some tension through the abdominals.
- Then exhale while extending the dumbbell behind the body and flex the tricep.
- Your head should be in a reasonably neutral position and focus on a spot on the floor. Then you can complete all the repetitions.
Sharing My Thoughts
The dumbbell workout plan is effective, and you can achieve lean shoulder muscles. Schedule and workout routines should be consistent and never be taken for granted. Having excuses should be out of the options if you want to have shoulder muscles.