Chest and Back Exercises are Essential for Perfect Workout.
Chest and back exercises are important as other workouts. When you have a firm chest and back, it will allow you to do activities more efficiently. Swollen and stiff muscles can prevent you from doing the tasks or activities you want to do, so it’s essential to make your chest and back healthy.
Chest and back exercises can be performed either indoors or outdoors. You can choose the equipment and the duration you want. Make sure that you will be doing the chest and back exercises accordingly so you will not get injured.
To do the chest and back exercises safely, you can have the following workout. These exercises are being performed by many, and the results that they attain from it have been the most significant contribution to unlock the body goals they wanted.
For beginners, the following workout can be painful, but over time, your body will get used to it. However, see to it that you are performing the chest and back exercises properly. No one wants to get injured on your workout, so safety is still the priority.
For instance, make sure that all equipment like mats and dumbbells are well prepared. Allot 10 to 15 minutes exercise for your chest and back and choose at least three chest and back activities that you will perform alternately. You must also need to repeat the actions for a maximum of three times.
Chest press can be your top choice. So how will you do it?
- Your back should be lying on the floor while your knees are bent. Also, your feet are on the floor.
- Pick the dumbbells with your two hands, one each side, then extend your arms upwards. Make sure your palms are facing toward your feet.
- Then bend your arms slowly while lowering to your side. They should be parallel with your shoulders until your elbows are touching the ground.
- After that, reverse the movement slowly to go back to your original position. Do not forget to repeat this three times or as many as you can do.
The chest fly is another movement for your chest and back exercises. Correctly doing it will improve your chest and back muscles.
- Get your back lying on the floor while bending your knees and make sure that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Grab the dumbbells, one in each hand and extend your arms upward. See to it that your palms are facing forward to each other.
- Then keep your elbows bend slightly with your arms in a lower position to the sides of your body. Make sure to it that it will be parallel to your shoulders, and your hands are about six inches off the ground.
- Reverse the movement and return to start. It will complete a one set, and you can repeat this three times or as many as possible as you can.
Table Top Chest Press
The tabletop chest press is a more advanced movement of chest press. The primary adjustment that you will need to do is in your legs. Perform all the steps for chest press, but make sure that your legs form is in a 90-degree angle. Repeat three times or as many as possible as you can.
For your chest and back exercises, a full pushup is another movement that you can perform. Like an ordinary pushup, it focuses on your chest and back muscles.
- In a plank position, your hands should be placed slightly more extensive than usual. It should be shoulder-width and slightly apart from each other. Make sure that your body should form a straight line from head to your heel.
- You will notice that your core muscles are tight. So you have to hold this position.
- Then bend your elbows to your lower body toward the floor.
- After that, press your back to start. It is your first rep. Make sure to have many reps in 50 seconds.
Another chest and back exercises are standing press. This movement can indeed make a difference to your chest and back muscles.
- Your starting position is standing up straight while your feet are shoulder-width apart.
- Then your elbows should bend in 90-degree angles while your arms are out to your sides.
- Keep this position and start to squeeze your arms together until it reaches your face.
- Slowly release your arms and reverse the movement up to your starting position. It is your first rep. You can complete as many reps as possible in 50 seconds.
Plank with Rotation
Plank with rotation is a modified plank position for your chest and back exercises. How to do this?
- In a high plank position, extend your legs and hands under your shoulders.
- Then, lower your right shoulder and place your elbow and forearm on the ground.
- Afterwards, rotate your body from left and go to side plank position. Your legs should be stacked on top of each other.
- Then extend your left arm upward. From this position, rotate your body from back to the center.
- Press your left hand to the ground and then turn right to get in a high plank position. Finishing this movement will serve as your first rep. You can do as many reps as possible. You can switch to other sides.
Plank with Leg Raise
Another movement you can do when in the plank position is raising your legs. While doing this movement, you are making your chest and back muscles strong. So who to do it?
- In a plant position wherein your elbows are under your shoulders and hands on the floor, you should lift one of your legs upward.
- Make sure that it is aligned with your hips. Your butt and hips are stable when you do this.
- After lifting your one leg, put it down and repeat the starting position with your other leg.
Like the way you see the superhero superman, you will have to do this movement the same with it.
- Your starting position is lying on your stomach and extend your arms in front of you.
- Your legs should be extended behind you as well.
- Make sure your palms are facing down while extending it.
- Then lift your legs and arms at the same time.
- Hold this position and release it. After you do this, it will be your first rep. You should complete this within 50 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.
Reverse Snow Angel
Another movement which can help your chest and back muscles. This exercise will give your body a workout that will strengthen your front and back.
- Your starting position is like superman’s workout.
- Only, you will have to lift your chest off the mat and move your arms in a circular motion.
- The movement should be at your side and next to your body.
- After that, you can reverse the movement to be back in your starting position. It is your first rep. Repeat as many times as possible.
Chest and back exercises should be given priority during the workout session. It should be included because most of the movement you do involves lifting and holding equipment. In daily activities, you are using your hands most of the time, so you should keep your grip stronger.