Cardio exercises at home are the easiest and most accessible way for your daily dose of use. For busy individuals and professionals, doing cardio at home is one way to burn those calories away. And we have what it takes for you to experience cardio exercises at home.
Cardio exercises at home, however, need the discipline to make it right. Making the proper routine daily will give you a full-body workout in no time. Also, you can burn some more calories than an ordinary workout at the gym. While at home, you will have no excuse to work on your metabolism. Instead, you will begin to consider cardio exercises at home as one of your daily routines.
You will be asking now, what are the kinds of cardio exercises you can do at home. Well, we have here are some of the basic cardio exercises at home that you can consider doing. You don’t need to have all these for your routine at once. But you can make plan exercises to schedule your workout.
But when time is limited, and you only have less than 30 minutes, you still have a choice to do cardio exercises at home. How does it work?
Cardio exercises less than 20 minutes can be performed, believe it or not. All you have to do is follow the following simple steps.
- Warm-up using some movements four times
- Afterwards, do some primary circuits where you can give one minute, without resting in between of your moves.
- Then you can rest for one minute before repeating the primary circuit twice or until you reach your limit.
- You can finish each routine with a cool down like yoga.
Now you are wondering what you should do before your cardio exercises?
Do some warm-ups.
In any exercise, warm-ups are essential. It will prepare your body for the intensive tasks you will perform. There are different kinds of warm-ups that you will find listed here.
The Reverse Lunges
The reverse lunges warm-ups can be done in simple steps.
- Your starting position is taking a big step back with your left foot while bending both knees to lower into a lunge position.
- While doing this, make sure your right knee is above the ankle but does not go too far beyond your toes.
- Then return to the standing position by putting your right big toe in front.
- You can repeat this warm-up for 10 times while your chest up the whole time.
Squats with Arms Overhead
The warm-up in a squat position with your arms overhead can make your body well prepared before your workout for the day. How will you achieve it?
- You can start by standing with your feet in a hip-width apart, and your arms are up. Palms are facing each other.
- Then bend both knees and shift your hips back like you are sitting in a chair.
- Move your shoulder blades down and back.
- Afterwards, you can return to your starting position. You can do 10 repetitions.
Plank using Shoulder Touches
Who would have thought that by doing plank positions, you are doing a proper warm-up for your body? In this warm-up, the approach will use planking.
- To begin, you will need to make a straight-arm plank position with hands under your shoulders directly. Make sure you form a straight line from neck to feet.
- Then touch right hand to left shoulder without moving your hips.
- Afterwards, bring your hand back underneath the shoulder while touching your right shoulder with your left hand.
- Repeat this 10 times on both sides.
Move to Main Set
After doing some warm-ups, you are now ready for your main set. It is what we call the highlight of your cardio exercises at home. Warm-up, though it starts the heart pumping and your muscles stretched, is not enough to burn calories and make your metabolism faster.
To make this possible, you will need to do some main sets to start your weight loss plan.
Mountain climbers’ main set is a cardio workout that moves your entire body. By following the below steps on how to perform mountain climbers, you will burn the target amount of calories you should do.
- For this main set, the starting position is making a plank position while your arms are in straight form with your hands directly below your shoulders. Make sure your body forms a straight line from the neck to your ankles.
- Then, you should lift your right foot and put your right knee into the center of your body. While in this position, switch legs from the left knee to the center of your body.
- Just make sure that your hips are on the level of your shoulders above your wrists.
- You can do this main set for a minute.
So how burpees work if you will do it just at home? Well, it is not as complicated as you will imagine.
- Your starting position, you are standing with your feet apart in hip-width while bending your both knees, swinging your arms back and high as you can.
- Then, put it down softly and bend your knees as fast as you can.
- Place your hands on the floor in front of you and jump your feet to get back in your plank position
- Now, you can lower your chest in a position to perform a pushup and jump both feet back in and stand.
- Then, jump up immediately to repeat as many as possible for a minute.
Squatting and jumping at the same time is one of the cardio exercises that will help you burn more calories. So, you can start doing it with these steps.
- To begin, you can stand and make your feet apart in hip-width.
- Then push your hips back and bend your knees lower just like you are going to leap.
- After jumping, you should land carefully to go into a position of squatting down and ready to jump again. If you want to jump higher, you can use your arms.
- Do this for a minute.
If you want to do some jumping with good speed, then you should try doing a skier jumps. How will you do it?
- Your starting position is standing tall, feet, ankles and knees glued together.
- Then you can start jumping from side to side with more speed. Make sure your chest is lifted and your landing will be smooth.
- You can repeat as many as jumps in one minute.
In this main set, you don’t need to worry about the height of your jump. But what you need to focus on this one is the speed. You will notice the more speed, the more calories you will burn.
After the main set, you will notice your heart is pumping, and you feel like you lose some weight. But before ending your routine exercises, you need to cool down your body.
Finish with a Cool Down
Just like you are all set with from warm-up to the main set, you will need to have a cooldown. This part of the workout will make your body to relax after your cardio exercises at home. You can do the following to finish your workout.
- Start this position with your hands and knees are directly below your shoulders and kneed below your hips. Make sure you spread your fingers wide and tuck your toes under.
- Then, start to inhale and lift your knees to press your hips up and toward the ceiling.
- Make your heels down to the floor. If you are not comfortable, you can try bending a little to your knees.
- After that, you can press your hands firmly into the mad while drawing your shoulder blades down. Make sure you will keep your head between the arms.
- Take 5 deep breaths to make you relax.
Cow and Cat
- Same starting position, your hands and knees with hands below your shoulders and hips directly.
- Then, start to inhale that will lengthen your spine while avoiding your elbows and hips to move. Your spine should move forward to make a right arch to your back.
- At the same time, lift your chin, chest and hips upwards to allow your stomach is sinking towards the floor.
- Round your spine upwards and release your head towards the floor. But you can do this if you have reached the full arch.
- Make this cool down for 5 breaths.
As the last cool-down exercise we have for you, you can start by simply following these steps.
- To begin, you will need to stand with your feet wider than your hip-width apart while left toes out and the other toes are slightly inward.
- Next, bend your left knee to lower your hips down. As you are in this position, your knees should be above your ankle.
- Then extend your arms straight from your shoulders and press outside of the left foot into the mat.
- Continue this to make your hips lower while retaining your spine to stay longer.
- This cooldown has the best results if you will take 5 deep breaths.
Our Insights for Cardio Exercises at Home
Indeed, the workout is crucial if you want to give up body fats and burn more calories. But if you have limited time, you can enjoy doing cardio exercises at home. It is an excellent way to manage your time, which includes sweating out after a long day or before your day starts.
If you are serious about getting a fabulous body, exercises will not do it alone. You will have to work with your diet as well. For instance, your diet should match what your body requires. Eating a balanced and well-planned diet will give off your cravings for sweets and carbs, which can add up to your weight.
So before hitting the gym, you may look into your schedules and your space at home. With it, you can assess if you can do simple sets of workout yet practical cardio exercises at home.