How to apply foundation is not an easy thing, to begin with, when you are putting on your makeup. There are a lot of things that need to consider. For example, you need to choose the right foundation for your skin type.
How to apply foundation is essential to provide a smooth texture and excellent base for your makeup. The application of foundation needs to be perfect as it is the most fundamental in our beauty routines. It is essential that the shades of foundation will complement your skin color.
You can have a foundation in different forms. Based on your skin type and color, you can choose a foundation that is in the form of a stick, liquid, powder, matte or dewy. So, as you read along, you can easily find the details on how to apply foundation.
How to apply foundation, a beginner’s guide
There are many techniques to apply the foundation to your skin successfully. According to makeup artists, here are some tips and steps-by-steps on how you can use your foundation.
- Before everything else prep your skin, by cleaning your face. Use a hydrating mask that will give enough moisture to your skin. You can use any mask depending on your skin type. When you finish doing your face mask, have some moisturizer on your skin. It will enhance the blood circulation and minimize your eye puffiness. By doing so, this will create a natural look.
- Wear a primer before applying the foundation whenever possible. A primer is essential for your foundation to keep it stays longer. And, it will prevent your makeup from wearing off easily.
- Make sure you start putting on your foundation from the center going outward. Center of your face means that you need to start from your cheeks. Then you can slowly blend out. Avoid putting foundation on the bridge of your nose and the corners of your nostrils. By doing so, the pigments will not cling to dry patches.
- Buffing is the secret in doing your foundation. This method will give a smooth coverage in your skin. You can still use your foundation brush or sponge, a beauty blender and your fingers in buffing.
- The final touch—getting rid of excess oil. Nothing is more beautiful if you can reduce the excessive oil in your face. To do this, you have to use pressed powder to cover some unnecessary oils. Just a light touch to the areas will do to maintain a subtle look of your foundation.
How to apply foundation based on your skin type
Now, that you have the easy guide of doing your foundation, you should have your way in choosing what will be the best foundation for your skin. Yes, the foundation needs to match with your skin type. But you don’t need to worry because we have laid out here the list of foundation types that you can use on your skin.
Make sure that you have the foundation that will make your appearance better. Your preference should not be based on what you see to other people. Keep in mind that beauty products are very personal and have a different reaction to every type of skin.
For liquid foundations, you can have the following options.
Matte-Finish liquid foundations
If you are trying to find the foundation for oily skin, then look for oil-free and matte finish liquid foundation. The liquid foundation for oily skin is usually excellent in covering your skin for blemishes. If you are living in humid weather, this foundation will work well with your makeup. With its light texture and finish, you can blend it quickly and make a good coverage.