The primer best used for oily and combination skin. It has silicone-based content that is lightweight and minimizes pores.
The primer works well with regular with little pores skin. It covers uneven skin and creates a shimmery but subtle effect in your face.
It is applicable for dry skin, but it doesn’t work well with sensitive or acne-prone skin. But for wearing makeup for a long time, it is one of the primers that will prevent your makeup from wearing off.
It is the primer that can neutralize your skin and minimize your need for foundation. It can be used for sensitive skin.
There are also primers that are best for covering techniques of your breakouts or uneven skin textures.
You can have invisible or less than 50% of the color of a primer. It is best used for skin tone with a bright shade. Look for primers that should be at least the same shade as in the middle of your skin tone and the foundation you will use. This is essential to maintain your natural look.
If you choose to have clear coverings, you need to settle with a primer that has neutral shade. So if you apply it to your skin, it can only give you a smooth complexion. Blemishes and dark spots will be covered with concealer.
How to Apply Primer for Beginner like a Pro?
After learning what face primer and its importance to your face makeup are, you need to practice the priming for best result. Making it the base of your makeup, you need a step-by-step primer application.
Step # 1: Make sure that you wash off your face with a cleanser. Apply moisturizer to keep your face hydrated throughout. But there will be an exception if your skin is too oily. In this case, you do not need a moisturizer to keep your face hydrated. The primer has a moisturizer that can give enough hydration to your face. For SPF and sunscreen, make sure that it has a quick absorbing formula.
Step # 2: Place a dot-sized primer to your forehead, nose, and chin. Use your finger or sponge that can spread it deliberately.
Step # 3: Move downwards in motion so that the application of primer will go on smoothly. The thinner the layer of primer will be more natural for the product to settle.
Step # 4: Let your primer dry up to 5 minutes before applying the next cosmetic product.
Step # 5: For final addition, apply the foundation that suitable for your makeup preference.
Setting Things Straight with Primer Application
There you go with all the essential things you need to know about primer. On the other hand, here are some of the reminders that you need to consider.
- It’s still best to use a primer before makeup moisturizer
- Give some time for your primer to dry completely before applying makeup on top of it.
- Use hydrating and illuminating primers for dry and combination skin.
- Use a mattifying primer to control the oil production of your face
- Avoid applying too much primer. Just use enough amount of primer to make a perfect blend with your foundation and makeup later on.
- Before acquiring primers, make sure you test it for allergic reaction.
- Maybe you are asking a question about primer or moisturizer first. Well, make sure you apply first your moisturizer before primer. Moisturizer can keep your skin hydrated.
- Nowadays, some manufacturing companies have developed primer moisturizers or moisturizing primers. Just ask your dermatologist if you can try one.
Beauty products have compounds that may harm your skin if you have sensitive skin. Make sure that you will consider natural and organic makeup. You can also have those beauty products that contain hypoallergenic compounds if you insist on using makeup. However, the most important that you need to do is to consult first your dermatologist for some medical advice. No one wants to sacrifice your health to look more glamorous.