Chest workout at home is a goal since most of us are staying indoors, and hitting the gym is impossible. It is one of the exercises that you should try now that going to the gym is prohibited for the time being. Being at home is not bad, after all.
Chest workout at home can make you build muscles to your upper body in less than a week. It defines the need for your muscles to have some exercise. Imagine being at home and doing some workout that will give your muscles a stretch. Well, this is it.
Years ago, bodybuilders performed the chest workout at home. It is training between sets to improve muscle mass and build more strength for a more advanced workout.
The chest workout at home is more likely the same performance at the gym. Building new meat on your pecs is a new transformation after quarantine, so hold on tight with your t-shirts and sweatshirts.
Why are chest muscles important?
Muscles in your pecs are essential, like other muscle groups in the body. Chest muscles consist of two primary muscles – the pectoralis major and minor. This is why we call chest muscles, “pecs.”
These muscles do not rest in the upper body for anything. The chest muscles attached to the shoulder and breastbone. Without these muscles, we cannot move our joints and hands, which means, how can we do our daily activities without our pecs?
Doing the Chest Workout at Home Without Equipment
Doing daily routines at home and work, basically everywhere, chest muscles are what we need. It supports our upper body for basic and complex movements. This is why we need some workout for our chest to maintain strength and increase power.
No equipment? No problem with that because you can perform a chest workout at home without equipment.
Push-ups are the most common exercise you can do for your pecs; This is a classic workout but with excellent results. This training is for upper body workout to develop chest muscles. Do you want to know the technique? Make sure to use a wide grip.
For a beginner, a regular push-up can be challenging. So here are some ways to start with, so your chest workout at home will not stress you out.
Incline Push up
This push up will help you to have less body weight while doing a chest workout. Remember, the steeper the incline, the less pressure your pecs receive.
Decline Push up
On the contrary, a decline pushes up targets your upper chest. It is not for a beginner to perform. If you have a decline push up as your chest workout at home, more bodyweight will go to your upper chest. Do you think you are okay with this?
The push-ups, as your chest workout at home, can have many variations aside from incline and decline. You can have clap push-ups. This movement gives your pecs a different pressure compared to regular push-ups.
In push-ups, a slow movement to pay attention while correcting the form of your body will have great conditioning results. Before doing another complex chest workout at home, this workout can increase muscle mass. Just by lowering yourself slowly and pushing it back to your starting position, it will definitely give your muscles impact.
Chest Workout with Equipment at Home
Workout equipment can be done at home, and you will be surprised by the quick result. At first, you will hesitate to do some workout at home because you will imagine big workout machines and equipment.
But the chest workout at home only needs equipment that is easy to carry. Just make sure you will have enough space for your workout.
Chest Press using Dumbbells
- Your starting position is lying on a flat bench with your hands holding the dumbbells at your side.
- Next, stretch your arms over your shoulder. The length should be the same as your shoulder.
- Then, descend your elbow slowly, which is parallel to the floor with a 90-degree angle. Inhale while doing this.
- Afterward, push the weights back up and exhale. Return to your starting position.
Like push-ups, the chest press has two variations – incline and decline formation.
In incline chest press, you can still use the dumbbells.
- Your starting point is lying on a bench with an incline dumbbell in each hand.
- Next, lift the dumbbells shoulder-width apart, arms extended, and rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing each other.
- Then, stay in control of the dumbbells at all times and lower the weights while inhaling slowly.
- Push the dumbbells upwards using the pressure coming from your pecs.
In decline chest press, the routine is opposite with the incline, but dumbbells will be your equipment.
- Before lying down with the dumbbells in each hand, make sure to secure your legs at the end of the declined bench.
- While lying down, move the dumbbells above your shoulders. It should be facing each other.
- Lower the weights slowly with your elbows parallel to the floor.
- Then bring the dumbbells up while exhaling. Your pecs should be contracting in doing this chest workout at home.
- Your starting position is lying on a flat bench with the dumbbells in each hand, facing each other.
- Next, extend the arms above your chest, keeping it shoulder-width apart and your elbows flexible at all times.
- Then lower your arms on both sides, forming a wide arc to feel a stretch in your chest.
- After that, bring the dumbbells back upwards.
Make sure that this movement should be on the level of the shoulder joint. Not the arms and elbows.
Sharing My Thoughts
Indeed, the chest workout at home is just the basics of more advanced and sophisticated exercises. But the impact of this workout can be seen in just a week. If the routines are correctly done, the results will exceed your expectations. However, the exercise should not stress you out to lose weight instantly.